Wednesday 1 January 2014

SEPT-DEC 2013:END OF TERM REVIEW. PART1

I enjoyed reviewing the work of this term. There was some really nice developments. Some of you were more profilic than others so there will be some artists who have more samples of their work posted in this review.
In no particular order:
RICHARD
I ma not going to do a comparison  of last terms work and this terms work, I think it's not so much the drawing ability that has noticeably improved  but rather the concepts. You have produced  quite a body of work exploring some good ideas.
Good work.



ANNE
As this was your first venture into fantasy art  and also figure drawing, I was very impressed with the speed you progressed in just a short time.
I like the compositions of your own concepts and I hope you will keep up with this. Very good work.




GAVIN
I think I was more impressed with your own ideas and concepts this term as they showed more maturity. Keep progressing your own ideas. 
Good work. 

HARVEY
I appreciate that the company you work for has been pretty demanding this term , resulting in you not being very profilic. Don't worry, these things happen. I would like you to spend some time practicing your figure work.  Random sketches will do and it can be anything you like, so long as it helps develop your figure work.

This is good. I like it.

ORAZIO
You've produced a good body of work this term. Some better than others . Well done!
I just wanted to remind you about using solids to pull out the mian points of interest and to give the image layers.
Consider the drawing below and how the figure stands out  to more effect in the image on the right, so you have light, dark, light.

The image below is hands down the best work you produced this term. Very good.


 This review will be continued tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment