Friday 3 January 2014

SEPT-DEC 2013:END OF TERM REVIEW. PART2

Ok, a day (late but that's artist's for you), here is part 2.
 EOIN
Great entheusiasm, good output of work, putting all the right bits in the right places but,....your drawings all look stumpy. Now, this isn't necessarily a criticism and here's why. 
1. Your work is consistant. I can always recognise your work at a glance. That's good. It means you have a definate style developing. 
2 Everything looks in proportion (albeit  in a dwarf ish kind of way). 
3.If you are not necessarily aiming for  long legged super model frame work in your figure drawing then I don't see a problem. 
However, if you do want to be able to draw a stereotypical hero figure, then I suggest more work is required. We can work on this  when the next term starts.
In general, I think you did good.





This is really good.
And so is this.


TAMSIN
I've not seen a great deal of finished work from you this term but that's ok. I noticed your figure work getting better. Sometimes you have off nights and then other times you  shine with some really nice drawing.  I guess a lot depends on where you are at at the time and I guess you can't be expected to be on form every week, so don't be disheartened. I  like what you have started with the Red Riding Hood project. I hope you will be able to find time to finish it.

EMMA
I can see that your love of architecture made it easy  for to produce some good  back grounds , however, you need to put more concetrated time into your figure work. Having said that,  as this is pretty much  starting from scratch for you, regarding figure work, you did ok for your first term.

OMAR
Unfortunately the photos  I took of your work are  not really suitable to post here. The pencil work was not bold enough. Not a fault with your drawing, just the limitations of my camers and the lighting of the classroom.
I wa spleases with the progress you made this term, given that you missed a few classes. I think your first attempts at figure drawing are good but it will require some concentrated  time and effort  to make significant improvment. Having  said that, I was pleased with thedevelopment made during class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment