Monday 17 November 2014

SEPTEMBER-DECEMBER TERM, WEEK 6

Continuing with the compositions with narative thread, I though we could take at look at this panel  we discussed (as part of a full page of comic book art), and  change the format to portrait.

I extended the panel area  in photoshop and roughly sketched  more background, with the addition of the character  perched in the tree.

I do no want the creature in the tree to be instantly noticable , so I applied darker tones  to the top half of the  image, so that the eye is immediatedly drawn to th girl.


I added some gentle highlights to the creature , so that it is not totally lost with the backgound  and is noticable only after observing the girl.


Cross hatching would be a good technique to use here  or line and wash.

Some artists who have great hatching technique...
Sergio Toppi


Adi Granov


Andy Braz





No comments:

Post a Comment