Monday 2 January 2012

WHERE IT ALL BEGAN

I am now in possession of this little beauty. This is one the comic books that started it all for me when I was a kid. This one along with batman#90 and Kirby's Xmen and Thor that I first read in Fantastic#5.
 Fantastic was one of the first British comics to reprint American Marvel comics in black and white.
This is something I drew when I was about 6 or 7 years old. Sadly it looks nothing like Dick Sprang's art which I was trying to copy.




On the subject of Batman, here's a more recent drawing of Batman I drew at OK Comic's Christmas Drink 'n' Draw .
Ok Comics hold Drink 'n' Draw once a month on a Tuesday night at The White Swan, behind the City Varieties in Leeds. They cover the tables with brown parcel wrapping paper and pens and everyone has a good time having a few beers and drawing whatever they want to. The brown paper is not compulsory, you can bring your own paper if you are so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment