Sunday 6 April 2014

JANUARY-MARCH 2014: WEEK 9 & 10. END OF TERM REVIEW (PART2)

EOIN
The moment I saw you drawing Godzilla, I wanted to meddle. I held back to see what you would do. 
At the risk of being over medling I have taken the liberty of giving you some pointers that I hope will improve your drawing and future work.
So, here is where you were at  at the end of class.


Below, I have redifined the solids  in red. I totally see what you were doing in creating stark contrasting  lighting from the flames but it was looking a bit flat and if you remember what I was saying in class about  imagining the shapes and curves of you subject and how light would fall on the curves, it might be  a bit more like this.

here is the revised black version.


Godzilla has a massive tail and I felt that a longer tail would  balance the figure better.


Finally, I revised the  position of the arms. By doing this I have allowed for  more of Godzilla's fins  to be more prominent, which will also create a  more identifiable shape.



I hope this helps. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment